Senior C&I Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior C&I Engineer will primarily act as a single point of contact for customers for the projects allocated. The role will require good communication skills with both the customer and the AMS engineering and management teams and be responsible for taking ownership of, and sourcing solutions to, any issues that arise in completion of the projects.
Projects range from the specification of a single instrument to complete C&I system specifications and design packages including system build, site installation and commissioning. The Senior C&I Engineer is responsible for delivering the project and all associated documentation using the resources allocated, including approved sub-contractors where appropriate.
The work will be based at our Chedzoy premises but may involve occasional work at any of our customer’s sites. Site based work may also involve overnight stays.
Main duties / responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Single point of contact for customers on specific engineering projects.
- Ensure projects allocated are delivered on time and to budget.
- Provide technical and engineering advice and guidance to the AMS engineering team
- Communicate effectively with AMS project team ensuring positive working relationships and ensure the flow of project information is maintained to provide accurate knowledge of project status.
- When required, be able to work effectively as part of a team on projects run by others.
- Represent the company at meetings with clients and sub-contractors.
- Lead on a wide range of tasks to deliver customers projects, not limited to, but including:
- Tenders/quotations to customer specifications ensuring diligent costing to minimise financial risks.
- Project specifications to ensure clarity of tenders/quotations.
- Front end engineering and detailed design package generation for projects.
- Control and management of approved AMS sub contractors to complete project work
- All associated documentation as required for a project
E.g. design substantiation reports, safety case assessment, system and design assessment reports, system specification/substantiation,
process control and operating philosophies, instrument index & P&ID, cable block diagrams and architecture diagrams, hook-ups, loop and termination diagrams
- Be capable of correct EC&I equipment specification, assessment and design justifications (including compliance with Company Technical Standards and Guidance Notes).
- Internal document verification to AMS/Customer quality processes and approval of design documentation and drawings.
- Communicate with customers, build relationships and develop further opportunities for AMS as opportunities present themselves
The role will require the candidate to:
- Complete all the tasks ensuring that the company standards are maintained and improved and that all work is compliant with our ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- At all times the person is responsible for complying with all relevant Health & Safety legislation and guidance and should have a good understanding of relevant international and British Standards required to carry out the work.
- Have the ability to lead, mentor and develop teams, who are capable of growing the engineering business.
- Have a relevant engineering degree, sound technical experience and be chartered (MIET or InstMC)
- Demonstrate good communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Have experience of developing customers and winning new projects
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs
- Awareness of health and safety regulations
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Project engineering and management experience in a regulated industry is desirable, good planning and organisation skills are essential
- Nuclear Industry experience of the above tasks desirable