Senior C&I Engineer
AMS Nuclear Engineering Ltd (AMS) designs, builds and supplies Control & Instrumentation based systems across the UK’s nuclear industry, whether that be into the nuclear new build, nuclear power generation, decommissioning or defence sectors. Projects vary from small scoping and feasibility studies to the design of complex systems with high integrity safety functions. Our engineers typically have multiple projects progressing at any one time ensuring a good variety of work.
With engineering and manufacturing facilities all under one roof, the AMS team get to oversee projects from conception through to delivery meaning continuity of resource and quick feedback loops benefiting the client and the team alike.
We now have an opportunity for a Senior C&I Engineer to join the team delivering exceptional solutions to our clients.
What you’ll be doing
As part of the Engineering team you will contribute to the delivery of a range of projects vital to the construction, operation and decommissioning of national nuclear infrastructure. As a Senior C&I Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Assessment of technical options to achieve the most cost-effective overall solution
• Development of C&I design philosophy documents including Basis of Design Documents
• Production of design documentation such as: system architecture design, design substantiation reports, safety case assessment and compliance with company technical standards, system and design assessment reports, system specifications, Equipment Qualification, SMART Instrument Substantiation
• Document review / verification
• Correct C&I equipment specification, assessment, and design justifications
• Taking account of obsolescence and lifetime issues during architecture and component selection
• Being the single point of contact for customers on specific engineering projects.
• Representing the company at meetings with clients and sub-contractors.
What you’ll need
We are looking for someone with the following:
• 5 years’ + experience in a C&I Engineer role
• Degree qualified or demonstrable equivalent underpinning knowledge & understanding
• Significant experience of working within a highly regulated industry, preferably nuclear
• Awareness of current standards, regulations, legislation and technical developments within C&I
• Knowledge of nuclear safety standards for C&I (BS EN 61513 etc.)
• Technical report writing skills
What we are offering
What’s on offer for this exciting role:
• Competitive salary based upon experience
• Generous Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Company bonus scheme
• Option of hybrid working