C&I Systems Engineering
AMS Considerations through experience
Inherent understanding and the safe application of the most recent industry regulations & standards form the foundation for every successful project that we deliver. In house knowledge of yesterday’s technologies strengthens our understanding of what to do today.
We specialise in:
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for Instrumentation & Control systems
- Custom built solutions for the measurement of process parameters: Pressure; temperature; level; flow; pH; moisture; etc.
- Hard/Soft Relay logic systems,
- Pneumatic systems,
- Analogue instrumentation
The AMS desired approach
- Early engagement with the client assisting with project definition
- Optimised project communication – Walkdowns / site meetings / teleconferences
- Collaborative approach – Project evolution, through the understanding and recognition of changing stakeholder(s) needs and requirements
Where appropriate AMS offer to document and collate findings through the provision of a ‘Problem Statement’ report. Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) costs form part of the report providing an aid to project budgeting.
Conceptualisation, Feasibility & Optioneering
Our experience dictates that in many cases there are often multiple possible solutions to an engineering problem.
With the benefit of extensive instrumentation expertise and in-house test facilities; AMS can deliver detailed Conceptual & Feasibility studies, Optioneering reports and Engineering advice notes. The client is provided with appropriate solutions, and advice & guidance on how best to reach a safe, optimised and cost-effective project outcome.
AMS C&I resource are ‘suitably qualified and experienced’ (SQEP) to perform a range of services across the lifecycle of a project including:
- User Requirements Specifications (URS),
- Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS),
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED),
- Detail designs including Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), Block cable diagrams, circuit diagrams, mechanical design drawings
- Design Substantiation for Nuclear Safety Significant Systems against client Technical Standards and Technical Guidance Notes
- Analytical and Physical Type Testing including Seismic, EMC, Heat Transfer, Thermal Performance and Reliability
AMS takes pride in the quality of the systems built. Sub-assembly and final assembly can be conducted in our workshops; our technicians and engineers collaborate to deliver safe and optimal built solutions for the client. AMS only use trusted sub-contractors to fabricate bespoke panels that have been designed in collaboration (AMS and sub-contractor).
We have the capacity to carry out:
- Large system builds in our High Bay area,
- Pipe Tube-bending,
- Electrical wiring,
- Instrument set-up and calibration
Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Hosting of FAT
- FAT Document production
- Types of testing include: pressure testing, functional testing
Installation & Commissioning
AMS’s Site SQEP site teams provide a range of site services including:
- Installation – with Installation Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) – including SAT Report
- Commissioning – including Commissioning Schedule
AMS are very familiar with the practices and procedures concerning access to and working on Nuclear Licenced Sites. When and wherever applicable AMS staff have undertaken, completed and been issued with: Security Clearances; work permits, site safety training etc.
AMS can supply a suite of documentation for all activities listed in the project lifecycle phases above. Dependent upon the application, AMS can provide independent verification of all documentation in accordance with AMS’ in-house guidelines and customer specific requirements.
Controlled by our ISO9001 Quality Management System and through intimate knowledge of the customer’s QA requirements; AMS maintains a Lifetime Quality Records Pack throughout the entire project lifecycle of the project. These records are handed over to the customer at the end of each project.
Support & Training
Training – AMS always provide Operation & Maintenance (O&M) documentation as part of any project. We will also offer training packages when asked or when we feel it is appropriate to do so.
Support – AMS will always recommend support services where it is deemed appropriate or required.
Technology can advance rapidly causing issues with integration, functionality, operability and ultimately obsolescence. People, and the knowledge/experience that they have can also ‘change’. Promotions, retirements, movement in or out of a company can have a detrimental affect upon a system. Through our continued support and training initiatives we aim to minimise these natural disruptions and maximise system output.