Graduate C&I Engineer
AMS Nuclear Engineering Ltd (AMS) designs, builds and supplies Control & Instrumentation based systems across the UK’s nuclear industry, whether that be into the nuclear new build, nuclear power generation, decommissioning or defence sectors. Projects vary from small scoping and feasibility studies to the design of complex systems with high integrity safety functions. Our engineers typically have multiple projects progressing at any one time ensuring a good variety of work.
With engineering and manufacturing facilities all under one roof, the AMS team get to oversee projects from conception through to delivery meaning continuity of resource and quick feedback loops benefiting the client and the team alike.
We now have an opportunity for a Graduate C&I Engineer to join the team delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. The role will appeal to those candidates not wishing to be ‘pigeonholed’ but who wish to stand out and make an impact in a company renowned for delivering excellence.
Graduates joining the team will benefit from:
• Exposure to the full lifecycle of a project
• Involvement in a broad range of projects
• Mentoring and support to achieve Chartered Status with the IET
• Opportunities to develop their career within a supportive, team environment
What you’ll be doing
As part of the Engineering team you will contribute to the delivery of a range of projects vital to the construction, operation and decommissioning of national nuclear infrastructure. Typical daily activities may include:
• Production of CAD drawings for P&IDs, Schedules, General Arrangements, etc
• Production of design documentation such as basis of design documents, functional design specifications, process control and operating philosophies, optioneering reports, instrument assessment reports, etc.
• Taking part in project meetings (both internal and those with clients)
• Overseeing the handover of design projects into manufacturing
What you’ll need
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline e.g. (instrumentation & Control Engineering)
• Able to meet the requirements for Baseline security clearance in the UK.
• Ability to demonstrate a good technical understanding of EC&I Engineering.
• Demonstrable interest in Nuclear Engineering and developing a career in this industry.
• Willing and able to work towards chartership with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
• Good software skills such as in Word, Excel & AutoCAD
• Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing
• Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
• Ability to prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
• Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus.
What we are offering
• Competitive salary based upon experience
• Option of hybrid working
• 25 days holiday plus public holidays
• Generous pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme