C&I Design Engineer
AMS Nuclear Engineering are currently recruiting an Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer to join our engineering team in Somerset. We have a vacancy for an EC&I design engineer to be based in our Bridgwater offices assisting with the delivery of the electrical, instrumentation and control design content of challenging projects for our Clients within the UK civil nuclear industry.
Working as a member of our project design team, initially under the supervision of a senior C&I design engineer, you will contribute to the project design input at all stages from feasibility and optioneering through to the production of detailed designs for procurement and construction. The duties will range from site walkdowns and reporting on planned and existing electrical and C&I installations, assisting with the production of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), detailed control system design drawings, schedules and procurement documentation including bills of materials. You will be supported in your technical and professional development by senior staff and the local IET support network.
- HND/HNC or Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD
- The ability to communicate verbally and in the production of good quality written documentation
- Technical understanding of instrumentation and control principles
- A good client facing manner
- Experience in PLC and SCADA systems – Siemens and/or Allen Bradley
- The use of P&IDs to create equipment, instrumentation and valve schedules
You will also be able to demonstrate an awareness of the following:
- LV electrical design to BS7671
- The design and specification of control systems, including circuit protection, instrumentation, control and PLC/SCADA systems
- Electrical single line diagrams, block cabling diagrams and cable schedules
Possession of a valid UK driving licence and willingness to travel and work for limited periods elsewhere within the UK is essential. You will be required to undertake a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) clearance to obtain unescorted access to nuclear sites.
AMS Nuclear Engineering will support your professional development, enabling you to progress to Chartered or Incorporated status, gaining experience in a variety of technical areas and developing you to your full potential.